Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 27
South Asia Check / January 28, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Two factions in Morcha” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three anonymous sources, a high-level source from the Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front] and two leaders from the front.
Kantipur report headlined “Plant species banned abroad being promoted in Nepal” by Abdullah Miyan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed professor.
Nagarik report headlined “India still obstructing Pancheshwar Project” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior official from the Pancheshwar Multipurpose Project.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SLMM mulling ‘mega alliance’ to up the ante” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. This report does not have a byline. SLMM refers to the Samyukta Loktantrik Madhesi Morcha or United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently