Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 3
South Asia Check / January 4, 2016
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Investigative report indicates attempt to cover-up Turkish airlines crash-landing” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A senior captain working with Nepal Airlines Corporation, an aviation expert and another aviation expert.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SLMM drops a hint of deal on 4-pt plan” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: SLMM leaders. SLMM refers to the Samyukta Loktantrik Madhesi Morcha, which translates as United Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Sadbhawana Party move catches allies by surprise” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A Sadbhawana Party leader and sources.
Annapurna Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) discusses quitting government” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Involvement in politics may put job at risk” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and an official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Norwegian company withdraws from Tamakoshi-3” by Gokarna Awasthi datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source, and analysts.
Nagarik report headlined “Process to sign labor accord with Saudi Arabia moves ahead” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted six unnamed sources: An official at the Ministry of Labor and Employment (MoLE), another MoLE official, MoLE officials, another MoLE official, government officials, and officials involved in drafting the labor accord.
Nagarik report headlined “Xi Jinping to visit Nepal” by Purna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A Beijing-based South Asia expert, sources in Beijing, and an expert from Beijing.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently