Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 3
South Asia Check / January 4, 2016
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Investigative report indicates attempt to cover-up Turkish airlines crash-landing” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A senior captain working with Nepal Airlines Corporation, an aviation expert and another aviation expert.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “SLMM drops a hint of deal on 4-pt plan” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: SLMM leaders. SLMM refers to the Samyukta Loktantrik Madhesi Morcha, which translates as United Democratic Madhesi Front.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Sadbhawana Party move catches allies by surprise” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A Sadbhawana Party leader and sources.
Annapurna Post report headlined “UCPN (Maoist) discusses quitting government” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Involvement in politics may put job at risk” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and an official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Kantipur report headlined “Norwegian company withdraws from Tamakoshi-3” by Gokarna Awasthi datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source, and analysts.
Nagarik report headlined “Process to sign labor accord with Saudi Arabia moves ahead” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted six unnamed sources: An official at the Ministry of Labor and Employment (MoLE), another MoLE official, MoLE officials, another MoLE official, government officials, and officials involved in drafting the labor accord.
Nagarik report headlined “Xi Jinping to visit Nepal” by Purna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A Beijing-based South Asia expert, sources in Beijing, and an expert from Beijing.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage