Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 31
South Asia Check / February 1, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal objects to Oli’s work style” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Three different sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Air safety clean chit a far cry for Nepal: ICAO” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A high-level source at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN), and an official at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Koirala camp infighting could give Deuba edge” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Observers. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June, 2021) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables