Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 31
South Asia Check / February 1, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal objects to Oli’s work style” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Three different sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Air safety clean chit a far cry for Nepal: ICAO” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A high-level source at the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN), and an official at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation. The report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Koirala camp infighting could give Deuba edge” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Observers. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently