Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 4
South Asia Check / January 5, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Bicycle minister’s love for motor vehicle” by Abdullah Miyan datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source associated to the Department of Hydrology and Meteorology, a source and an official.
Kantipur report headlined “Proposal to form taskforce” by Basanta Basnet and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Kantipur report headlined “Who gets what vehicle?” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: source.
Republica report headlined “Relief distribution expedited only after materials start to rot” by Narahari Sapkota datelined Gorkha has quoted one unnamed source: A District Disaster Relief Committee member.
Republica report headlined “Big 3 propose taskforce, UDMF to discuss it internally” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source from the ruling coalition. This news does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Rs 10 billion in smugglers’ hands” by Ashish Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of Nepal Rastra Bank who is observing the black market closely.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ambassador Lama exploiting state funds” by Lilu Dumre datelined Seoul has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with Seoul-based Nepalese embassy, and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Petrol pumps’ in private homes” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted four unnamed sources: A member of security force, locals, a source, and an official at Biratnagar customs office.
Nagarik report headlined “Relief materials rot in warehouses” by Narahari Sapkota datelined Gorkha has quoted one unnamed source: A member of District Disaster Relief Committee.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths