Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 5
South Asia Check / January 6, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “India stops Chinese cargo containers” by Umakant, Kumar and Ashish datelined Kakarbhitta, Biratnagar and Kathmandu respectively has quotes an unnamed trader.
Nagarik report headlined “Subsidized loans difficult to obtain” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Nagarik report headlined “Manmohan [hospital] won’t be stalled: Oli” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed doctor.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Major partied stand firm with minor divergence” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the UCPN (Maoist) and another unnamed UML leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently