Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 5
South Asia Check / January 6, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “India stops Chinese cargo containers” by Umakant, Kumar and Ashish datelined Kakarbhitta, Biratnagar and Kathmandu respectively has quotes an unnamed trader.
Nagarik report headlined “Subsidized loans difficult to obtain” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Nagarik report headlined “Manmohan [hospital] won’t be stalled: Oli” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed doctor.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Major partied stand firm with minor divergence” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the UCPN (Maoist) and another unnamed UML leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths