Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 9
South Asia Check / January 10, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute over house rent of former president” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A highly-placed source, a source, another source, a source associated with the Ministry of Home Affairs, an official of the ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “End obstruction of medicine and fuel: UN” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Three different sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Hollow promises!” by Akhanda Bhandari and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Republica report headlined “UK’s Prince Harry to visit Nepal this spring” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: sources at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Decision on fresh protest put off” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a UDMF source. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently