Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 10
South Asia Check / July 11, 2016
Annapurna Post report on the ongoing government homework for signing extradition treaties with India and China headlined, “Nepal makings its position” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed government officials.
Kantipur report headlined “Hunger strike against ill-governance: Dr KC” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Is ATC skill enough to hold engineering group posts in ministry?” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a senior pilot and a director of the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage