Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 12
South Asia Check / July 13, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Consensus government not on the cards” by Durga Khanal and Kulchandra Neupaney datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Consensus government impossible: Congress” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “No support for consensus government” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed leader.
Nagarik report headlined “India demands payment for gift” by Dipak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source from Ministry of Defense, a senior military official, and another official from the Air Directorate.
Nagarik report headlined “Six of NAC’s eight aircraft grounded” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed officials.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML, Maoists agree ‘to strengthen coalition’ datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NAC facing its worst crisis” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: An unnamed engineer and a source from the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Aviation.
Republica report headlined “Up to 15 pc social security funds misused” by Siromani Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance.
Republica report headlined “Maoist brass asks Dahal to hold decisive talks with PM” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage