Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 15
South Asia Check / July 16, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Game’s not over yet: Prime minister” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted a lawmaker and another source.
Kantipur report headlined “Hope, but not count on it” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted two anonymous sources: An unnamed Maoist leader and another unnamed leader from the Tarai-Madhes Democratic Party.
Nagarik report headlined “Fear grips TUTH doctors” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities in Rs 50m supply contract” by Surendra Poudel has quoted an unnamed army source.
Nagarik report headlined “Impossible to form new government: Oli” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed lawmakers.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Govt warned against taking significant decisions” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. The report does not have a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Sherpas denied summit certificates” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed a climbing guide Sherpa.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Won’t resign, will face House: Oli to his MPs” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Prime Minister tells lawmakers to brace no confidence vote” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed lawmaker. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “NC, Maoists discuss sharing ministries” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed leaders. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item