Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 17
South Asia Check / July 18, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Both coalitions heading toward hostile paths” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: An unnamed leader, source, and an unnamed Nepali Congress leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Oli favored monarchists” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources once.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bird strike during Airbus takeoff exposes loopholes inside Tribhuvan Int’l Airport” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepal Airlines Corporation pilot.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!