Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 18
South Asia Check / July 19, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Minister makes direct recommendation for CEO at Nepal Airlines Corporation” by Sushil Bhattarai has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Airlines Corporation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Nembang sees Dahal as UML, Maoists spar” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!