Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 20
South Asia Check / July 21, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Chinese company bags Budi Gandaki project” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance and another unnamed official from Ministry of Energy.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities in Budi Gandaki contract” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government source.
Nagarik report headlined “Pressure to pave the way for new government” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML for ‘larger deal’ among major parties” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed senior leaders in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage