Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 20
South Asia Check / July 21, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Chinese company bags Budi Gandaki project” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance and another unnamed official from Ministry of Energy.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities in Budi Gandaki contract” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government source.
Nagarik report headlined “Pressure to pave the way for new government” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML for ‘larger deal’ among major parties” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed senior leaders in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths