Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 20
South Asia Check / July 21, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Chinese company bags Budi Gandaki project” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance and another unnamed official from Ministry of Energy.
Nagarik report headlined “Irregularities in Budi Gandaki contract” by Lakshman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government source.
Nagarik report headlined “Pressure to pave the way for new government” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML for ‘larger deal’ among major parties” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed senior leaders in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!