Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 4
South Asia Check / July 5, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Congress cosying up to Maoists again” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
Kantipur report headlined “Politics could lead to suspension” by Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Nepal Teachers’ Federation.
Nagarik report headlined “Old Baneshwar- Sinamangal road breaks down within three months of construction” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the road expansion project.
Nagarik report headlined “Maoists looking for alternative to present government” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the CPN (Maoist Centre) headquarters.
Republica report headlined “First tranche to quake victims by mid-August not possible: Ministry” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official of the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report titled “Members see opportunity for new beginning in ties” written by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu and Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi quotes an unnamed Nepali member of the Eminent Persons’ Group.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently