Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 7
South Asia Check / July 8, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Shashank’s condition critical” by Deepa Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A family source and a doctor close to Shashank.
Kantipur report headlined “Koirala’s condition stable and serious” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A source. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Shashank unconscious” by Balkrishna Adhikari and Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: A doctor involved in the treatment, a confidant, three source close to Shashank, a source and a leader of Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Contractors check quality on their own” by Arjun Oli datelined Nepalgunj has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Experts, and a government engineer.
Republica report headlined “NC general secretary still on ventilator, shows signs of improvement” jointly by Arjun Poudel and Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A family source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Hospitalized Shashank Koirala ‘critical'” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A doctor involved in the treatment and another doctor.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Maoist Centre forms panel to probe forgery charges against its MPs” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instances: An official of the Central Intelligence Bureau. This news does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Everest liaison officer certify summit without visiting base camp” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A base camp manager.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently