Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 13
South Asia Check / June 14, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Naturalized citizenship granted to four and a half thousand people since the promulgation of constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source associated with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Same person is district engineer and local development officer” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source associated with the ministry of local development, a source, and a staff at the Project for Strengthening National Rural Transport Program.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “MoF makes deliberate attempt to weaken NRB” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Nepal Rastra Bank officials and officials at the Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CIEDP extends complaints deadline” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A CIEDP source. CIEDP stands for the Commission of Investigation on Enforced Disappeared Person.
Republica report headlined “From Mrs Bhutto and Mrs Obama: Nepali woman’s anatomy of lies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instance: Officials from GATE college. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently