Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 13
South Asia Check / June 14, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Naturalized citizenship granted to four and a half thousand people since the promulgation of constitution” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source associated with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Same person is district engineer and local development officer” by Jitendra Kumar Jha datelined Rajbiraj has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source associated with the ministry of local development, a source, and a staff at the Project for Strengthening National Rural Transport Program.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “MoF makes deliberate attempt to weaken NRB” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Nepal Rastra Bank officials and officials at the Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CIEDP extends complaints deadline” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A CIEDP source. CIEDP stands for the Commission of Investigation on Enforced Disappeared Person.
Republica report headlined “From Mrs Bhutto and Mrs Obama: Nepali woman’s anatomy of lies” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instance: Officials from GATE college. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage