Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 26
South Asia Check / June 27, 2016
Nagarik report on Manmohan medical school bill headlined “Financial interests bring big parties including Congress together” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Some member of the parliament’s Women, Children, Senior Citizens and Social Welfare Committee and a source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CAAN honchos still continue to fly high on foreign junkets” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A senior official at the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, a manager of an international airline, a source, insiders and a CAAN official. Here CAAN stands for Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal seeks answer from Canada on Kabul suicide bombing attack” by Lekhnath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A foreign ministry official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “After unity govt refrain, Maoists changing tune” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A senor Maoist leader and a leader present in the meeting. This news does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently