Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 28
South Asia Check / June 29, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “More than Rs 60 million released for victims of Madhes agitation” by Durga Khanal and Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Nagarik report headlined “Embassies moving out” by Surendra Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomat working in a foreign embassy in Kathmandu.
The Himalyan Times report headlined “Parties form task force to help end House disruption” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of UML task force.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India says ready to supply more electricity to Nepal” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted an unnamed official.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Former prez considering moving to Janakpur” by Sarin Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed family source of former president Ram Baran Yadav.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently