Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 6
South Asia Check / June 7, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Benefits for parliamentarians to be increased” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources, and two different members of the seven-member committee.
Nagarik report on hydropower development headlined “Many offices but performance nil” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Nepal Electricity Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Government pursues diplomacy to stop unilateral ICP” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official from the Ministry of Commerce, and a highly-placed official at the Ministry of Commerce. ICP stands for integrated check post.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Basnet, Pun to be dropped from Cabinet” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: One of the nine members of the CPN (Maoist Center) team present during the meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “New names spring up in govt talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A ruling party leader, other interlocutors, a Maoist leader and leaders. This news does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- In Public Interest Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Fact Check NCP leader wrongly accuses Prof Mathema of permitting private medical colleges
- Fact Check Foreign minister makes wrong claim about mentions of Koshi high dam in Nepal-India joint statements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item