Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 6
South Asia Check / June 7, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Benefits for parliamentarians to be increased” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources, and two different members of the seven-member committee.
Nagarik report on hydropower development headlined “Many offices but performance nil” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official from the Nepal Electricity Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Government pursues diplomacy to stop unilateral ICP” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official from the Ministry of Commerce, and a highly-placed official at the Ministry of Commerce. ICP stands for integrated check post.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Basnet, Pun to be dropped from Cabinet” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: One of the nine members of the CPN (Maoist Center) team present during the meeting.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “New names spring up in govt talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A ruling party leader, other interlocutors, a Maoist leader and leaders. This news does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths