Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 7
South Asia Check / June 8, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “We are committed to bringing railway to Lumbini” by Santosh Ghimire and Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed diplomatic source.
Kantipur report headlined “Vested interests gaining upper hand in parliamentary committees” by Balkrishna Basnet and Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed lawmaker.
Nagarik report headlined “Women to hold half the seats in local bodies” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed meeting source.
The Himalayan Times new report headlined “CPN-MC against recalling its ministries” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the CPN-MC headquarters.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!