Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 1
South Asia Check / March 2, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Illegal money transfers rampant” by Akhanda Bhandari and Devendra Sambahamfey datelined Seoul (South Korea) has quoted two unnamed sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Nominations still undecided” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Sub groups becoming decisive” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Nepali Congress leader.
Nagarik report headlined “China to not reopen Tatopani border” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu quotes an official each from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Finance.
Republica report headlined “Youths using Russia as transit point to enter Europe” by Shreejana Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Department of Immigration.
Republica report headlined “Aspirants for NC prez find finalizing panels tough going” datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed source. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC dissidents refuse to budge” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source close to Nepali Congress leader Krishna Prasad Sitaula.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently