Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 10
South Asia Check / March 11, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Dealers hoard cooking gas” by Raju Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of Gas Dealers’ Federation Nepal.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India to supply power for five months, but levies wheeling charge of whole year” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official of the Power Trade Department of Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and an engineer of the NEA.
Republica report headlined “Officials, parties abetting rampant excavations in Trishuli” by Nirajan Paudel datelined Nuwakot has quoted four unnamed sources: Locals of Taruka and Ratmate, a local, other local and political leaders.
Republica report headlined “Mixed poll result may move Deuba to strive for party unity” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Some leaders.
Nagarik report headlined “Stones and aggregate being excavated by damming Trishuli River” by Nirajan Paudel datelined Nuwakot has quoted five unnamed sources: Officials, a local, leaders and cadres of political parties, a local of Ratemate and another local of Ratemate.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Are talks in the cards for change of guard” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: UCPN (Maoist) leaders, a senior leader from agitating Madhes-based parties and UML leaders.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently