Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 10
South Asia Check / March 11, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Dealers hoard cooking gas” by Raju Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official of Gas Dealers’ Federation Nepal.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India to supply power for five months, but levies wheeling charge of whole year” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: An official of the Power Trade Department of Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and an engineer of the NEA.
Republica report headlined “Officials, parties abetting rampant excavations in Trishuli” by Nirajan Paudel datelined Nuwakot has quoted four unnamed sources: Locals of Taruka and Ratmate, a local, other local and political leaders.
Republica report headlined “Mixed poll result may move Deuba to strive for party unity” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Some leaders.
Nagarik report headlined “Stones and aggregate being excavated by damming Trishuli River” by Nirajan Paudel datelined Nuwakot has quoted five unnamed sources: Officials, a local, leaders and cadres of political parties, a local of Ratemate and another local of Ratemate.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Are talks in the cards for change of guard” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: UCPN (Maoist) leaders, a senior leader from agitating Madhes-based parties and UML leaders.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently