Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 15
South Asia Check / March 16, 2016
Republica report headlined “Plan distributed substandard zinc sheets: Quake victims” by Ramesh Khatiwada datelined Dolakha has quoted one unnamed sources: A local.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Six MoUs to be signed” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Officials and senior officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Swaraj, Aziz to meet on SAARC sidelines” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently