Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 16
South Asia Check / March 17, 2016
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Investment agreement on West Seti project faces uncertainty” by Lakshmi Prasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Investment Board Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “Local bodies 2.0” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India for resolving issues through talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed “close aides” to the prime minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Jaishankar meets Morcha leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Morcha leader. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths