Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 16
South Asia Check / March 17, 2016
Gorkhapatra report headlined “Investment agreement on West Seti project faces uncertainty” by Lakshmi Prasad Upadhyaya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Investment Board Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “Local bodies 2.0” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “India for resolving issues through talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed “close aides” to the prime minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Jaishankar meets Morcha leaders” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Morcha leader. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently