Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 25
South Asia Check / March 26, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Army proposes reopening Hetauda Textiles Factory” by Krishna Acharya and Jagadishwar Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Ministry of Finance itself presents wrong figures” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official.
Annapurna Post report headlined “How’s the preparation for Madhes agitation? Indian ambassador asks” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: A leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front (UDMF), leaders of UDMF, a source, another source, and another leader from UDMF.
Annapurna Post report headlined “It had been agreed to make me senior leader: Gurung” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently