Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 29
South Asia Check / March 30, 2016
Kantipur report on the newly-implemented letter grading system for SLC, headlined “Confusion over grading” by Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source.
Nagarik report headlined “Sudden strong wind from west” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Farmers.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “MoHA defies apex court order with politics in play” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed source: Government sources, Ministry of Home Affairs sources, one of the deputy inspectors general present at the meeting, and those who know about the complex relationship between police officials and politicians.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently