Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 30
South Asia Check / March 31, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “SLC mired in politics” by Kalendra Sejuwal datelined Nepalgunj has quoted an unnamed teacher and another unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Oli accused of promoting factionalism in party” by Balkumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “More electricity to be connected to grid” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Energy.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “PM lashes out at NRA officials for delay in reconstruction work” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the National Reconstruction Authority. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Plan to make PMO model institute lost in the shuffle” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the prime minister’s office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently