Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 5
South Asia Check / March 6, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Three panels scramble for votes” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A leader close to Sher Bahadur Deuba, a leader close to Ram Chandra Paudel, and sources close to the two.
Kantipur report on the general convention of the Nepali Congress headlined “Panels from top to bottom” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A leader and a central committee member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “IRC team searching for bodies in Rolpa” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted three unnamed sources: Families of the victims, a local of Harigatina and another local of the village. IRC refers to the International Red Cross.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently