Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 5
South Asia Check / March 6, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Three panels scramble for votes” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A leader close to Sher Bahadur Deuba, a leader close to Ram Chandra Paudel, and sources close to the two.
Kantipur report on the general convention of the Nepali Congress headlined “Panels from top to bottom” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A leader and a central committee member.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “IRC team searching for bodies in Rolpa” by Kashiram Dangi datelined Rolpa has quoted three unnamed sources: Families of the victims, a local of Harigatina and another local of the village. IRC refers to the International Red Cross.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!