Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 14
South Asia Check / May 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “India’s eyes on Tharu community” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a senior official of the Home Ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Why did the suspicious TeliaSonera plane land in Kathmandu?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior government source and three different sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Deuba ‘acting unilaterally’” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of Nepali Congress, a member, another member, and a member close to Deuba.
Kantipur report headlined “Govt mulling setting up a pension fund’ by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item