Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 14
South Asia Check / May 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “India’s eyes on Tharu community” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a senior official of the Home Ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Why did the suspicious TeliaSonera plane land in Kathmandu?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior government source and three different sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Deuba ‘acting unilaterally’” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of Nepali Congress, a member, another member, and a member close to Deuba.
Kantipur report headlined “Govt mulling setting up a pension fund’ by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!