Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 14
South Asia Check / May 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “India’s eyes on Tharu community” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a senior official of the Home Ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Why did the suspicious TeliaSonera plane land in Kathmandu?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior government source and three different sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Deuba ‘acting unilaterally’” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of Nepali Congress, a member, another member, and a member close to Deuba.
Kantipur report headlined “Govt mulling setting up a pension fund’ by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths