Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 14
South Asia Check / May 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “India’s eyes on Tharu community” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source and a senior official of the Home Ministry.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Why did the suspicious TeliaSonera plane land in Kathmandu?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior government source and three different sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Deuba ‘acting unilaterally’” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A central committee member of Nepali Congress, a member, another member, and a member close to Deuba.
Kantipur report headlined “Govt mulling setting up a pension fund’ by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently