Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 23
South Asia Check / May 24, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Boxing association’s periodic election marred by delays” by Roshan Raut datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the National Sports Council.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Government has only Rs 5 billion in rehabilitation fund” by Ashish Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed officer of the Nepal Rastra Bank.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Fledgling Maoist Centre faces leadership battle” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!