Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 24
South Asia Check / May 25, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Nepal Army to be deployed to construct community shelters” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at the Ministry of Defense, a highly-placed source at the Nepalese Army and two different sources.
Kantipur report headlined “Earthquake victims still living in tents, NRA CEO out on foreign trip” by Balaram Baniya and Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: An official from the National Reconstruction Authority (NRA), two officials from the Office of Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, and officials from the NRA.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepal set to import 10,000 tons cooking gas per month” by Devendra Bhattarai and Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted three unnamed sources: Officials at the Ministry of Supplies and two different sources.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Just Rs 5 billion to be allocated for Fast Track road” by Ashish Gyawali and Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Two different sources, and a source privy to the issue.
Republica report headlined “Kaligandaki A to shut for week, load-shedding hours may go up” by Santosh Pokharel datelined Pokhara has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official at the Nepal Electricity Authority.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Discontent mars first meet of Maoist Centre” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A leader and a leader who was earlier with the CPN-Maoist.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
- Fact Check Bajura, not Saptari, is the most backward district of Nepal
- In Public Interest Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths