Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 26
South Asia Check / May 27, 2016
Kantipur report on substandard cooking gas cylinders headlined “They are not tested” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: An official of the Gas Dealers Federation. The report does not carry a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Army forms panel headed by a general to defend its human rights record On the leadership of army general, NA decided to defend” by Chudamani Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Two highly-placed sources associated to the security agencies.
Republica report headlined “Parties not sending reconstruction volunteers as promised” by Gyan P Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source at Nepal Reconstruction Authority.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Who should hold talks with govt, FA or UDMF?” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Another Madhesi leader. The acronyms FA and UDMF stand for the agitating Federal Alliance and the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently