Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 30
South Asia Check / May 31, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “CIAA interrupts KU exams” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed former official of the Kathmandu University (KU). The report does not have a byline. CIAA is the constitutional anti-graft body.
Republica report headlined “Budget’s inflation target leaves NRB in fix” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed senior official of the Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB).
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Reclaim land owned by Dixit, kin: CIAA” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the CIAA. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths