Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 5
South Asia Check / May 6, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal working to unseat Oli” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the prime minister’s residence Baluwatar, and a leader of the UCPN (Maoist).
Nagarik report headlined “Budget uncertain on May 28” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official at the Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC, UCPN-M, UDMF join hands to topple govt” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior leader of the NC, a source in NC, NC sources and a senior NC leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Maoist move makes UML stare at crisis” datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Sources, NC sources and an NC leader. The report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal urged to reconsider decision to unseat govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source close to Prime Minister Oli. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently