Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 5
South Asia Check / May 6, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal working to unseat Oli” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with the prime minister’s residence Baluwatar, and a leader of the UCPN (Maoist).
Nagarik report headlined “Budget uncertain on May 28” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A senior official at the Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NC, UCPN-M, UDMF join hands to topple govt” by Prakash Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A senior leader of the NC, a source in NC, NC sources and a senior NC leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Maoist move makes UML stare at crisis” datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Sources, NC sources and an NC leader. The report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Dahal urged to reconsider decision to unseat govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source close to Prime Minister Oli. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths