Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 8
South Asia Check / May 9, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Further chill in bilateral relations” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Indian officials, a source associated with the New Delhi-based Nepalese Embassy, officials at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a diplomat.
Kantipur report headlined “Gold porter” by Akhanda Bhandari datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A staff of the Tribhuvan International Airport, a source, and a businessman.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Shrestha removes Mahara and Prakash list” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: A source, a member of the foreign department of the UCPN (Maoist), and another source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “UDMF role an issue in Federal Alliance” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A UDMF source and another UDMF source. This news does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Air navigation services below par at TIA, say users” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Airlines operators, a senior captain with an international airline company, a senior CAAN executive, an engineer and an ATC officer.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Government to invite Morcha for talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A leader from Federal Socialist Forum Nepal. This news does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML ‘has agreed’ to let Maoists lead government” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted seven unnamed sources: Leaders, a senior Maoist leader, a UML leader, a senior leader, another senior Maoist leader, another UML leader, and sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently