Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 9
South Asia Check / May 10, 2016
Annapurna Post report on Prime Minister Oli’s alleged refusal to respect a three-point secret deal on his departure headlined “Letter’s in my pocket, but the details have already been leaked, it’s unacceptable” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government official and a source from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The report does not have a byline.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ncell pays Rs 9.96 billion” by Sujit Mahat and Ashish Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Large Taxpayers’ Office.
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts from higher echelons of government to allow tax evasion” by Bal Krishna Gyawali and Santosh Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Ncell deposits Rs 9.97 bn in state coffers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from Large Taxpayers’ Office. The report does not have a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt invites Morcha for talks” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from the Federal Socialist Forum Nepal. The report does not have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage