Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 10
South Asia Check / November 11, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Behind-the-scenes dealings start again to appoint dean at IOM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. IOM refers to the Institute of Medicine at the Tribhuvan University. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NRB urges India to facilitate exchange of banned Indian bills” by Bibek Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) official and NRB officials.
Republica report headlined “NRB making efforts to return demonetized Indian banknotes” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source at the central bank.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!