Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 10
South Asia Check / November 11, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Behind-the-scenes dealings start again to appoint dean at IOM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. IOM refers to the Institute of Medicine at the Tribhuvan University. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NRB urges India to facilitate exchange of banned Indian bills” by Bibek Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) official and NRB officials.
Republica report headlined “NRB making efforts to return demonetized Indian banknotes” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source at the central bank.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths