Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 11
South Asia Check / November 12, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Many traders at risk” by Menuka Karki datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed trader and a source from the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Kantipur report titled “Indian central bank asks for Indian currency details” by Yagya Banjade datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal scrambling for consensus” by Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Lawmakers on China trip sponsored by Nepal Oil Corporation” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “Conspiracy to remove IGP” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. IGP here refers to the inspector general of Nepal Police.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “FA, UDMF lawmakers to walk out of Parliament” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source of Federal Alliance. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently