Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 12
South Asia Check / November 14, 2016
Nagarik report headlined “Govt set to deploy mobile teams to distribute citizenship as election approaches” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official and a source from the Ministry of Home Affairs and another source from Election Commission.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Karki ran ‘safe house’ to spy on people” datelined Kathmandu has quoted multiple unnamed sources from CIAA in seven instances. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently