Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 14
South Asia Check / November 15, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Health Minister unhappy with government decision to provide Sujata Rs 5 million” by Deepa Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Irregularities in APF’s welfare fund” by Sambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report headlined “This is how CIAA oversteps the constitution” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed commissioner from the CIAA and other sources in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “IoM dean appointed amid controversy” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathamndu has quoted an unnamed source from the Tribhuvan University.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt registering amendment proposal unilaterally: Morcha” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader of Sadhbhawana Party. Morcha refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “TU appoints Dr KP Singh IoM dean amid controversy” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance and a doctor.
Republica report headlined “CIAA riding roughshod over right to privacy” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official, a commissioner from the CIAA and unnamed sources in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently