Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 16
South Asia Check / November 17, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Economy has collapsed” by Gokarna Awasthi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance, and another unnamed official of the Nepal Rastra Bank.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal unhappy” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, and an official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Nagarik report headlined “China mum on fuel deal” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, and another unnamed official from Nepal Oil Corporation.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!