Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 20
South Asia Check / November 23, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Schools in the morning, medicine import in the afternoon” by Basanta Basnet, Bhusan Yadav, Aman Koirala, Shyamsundar Shashi and Shiva Puri datelined Kathmandu, Birgunj, Sarlahi, Janakpur and Rautahat has quoted two unnamed sources: Teachers and an office bearer of the Birgunj Chamber of Commerce and Industries.
Kantipur report headlined “Reconstruction work to be assigned to National Planning Commission” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Administrators.
Nagarik report headlined “Two thirds domestic flights cancelled as NOC fails to supply fuel” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A private airline entrepreneur.
Annapurna Post report headlined “What does Nepal actually want: Rae” by Deepa Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Black market profession” datelined Kathmandu has quoted six unnamed sources: An entrepreneur, another entrepreneur, a member of the Hotel Association Nepal, a hardware shop owner, a food entrepreneur, and a microbus driver. This news does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “3,000 tons drugs stranded at Raxual” by Ritesh Tripathi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A drug retailer.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently