Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 21
South Asia Check / November 23, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Ambulance carrying sick child attacked with brickbats” by Avadhesh Kumar Jha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official from the District Police Office, Morang.
Kantipur report headlined “Leaders of big Madhesi parties in a fix” by Bhusan Yadav, Basanta Basnet, Rajesh Mishra, Aman Koirala and Shiva Puri datelined Birgunj, Sarlahi and Rautahat has quoted an unnamed district leader of Nepali Congress and another unnamed district-level leader.
Nagarik report headline “Rs 500 million issued by direct order” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Oil Corporation.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian clarification” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed diplomat.
Republica report headlined “NOC issues Rs 500 million to firm without supply guarantee” has quoted unnamed NOC sources in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!