Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 21
South Asia Check / November 23, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “Ambulance carrying sick child attacked with brickbats” by Avadhesh Kumar Jha datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed police official from the District Police Office, Morang.
Kantipur report headlined “Leaders of big Madhesi parties in a fix” by Bhusan Yadav, Basanta Basnet, Rajesh Mishra, Aman Koirala and Shiva Puri datelined Birgunj, Sarlahi and Rautahat has quoted an unnamed district leader of Nepali Congress and another unnamed district-level leader.
Nagarik report headline “Rs 500 million issued by direct order” by Sujan Oli datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Nepal Oil Corporation.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian clarification” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and an unnamed diplomat.
Republica report headlined “NOC issues Rs 500 million to firm without supply guarantee” has quoted unnamed NOC sources in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
- Fact Check Bajura, not Saptari, is the most backward district of Nepal
- In Public Interest Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Fact Check Three mistakes in RJPN poll manifesto
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths