Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 22
South Asia Check / November 24, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Fuel to those who ‘appease”‘ by Kalendra Sejuwal datelined Nepalgunj has quoted seven unnamed sources: Source, a trader, a petrol pump operator based in Nepalgunj, source, another source, a trader and another trader.
Nagarik report headlined “Fuel meant for ‘packed dealers’ sold elsewhere” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted one unnamed source: source. The term “packed dealers” refers to the fuel traders especially in remote hill districts who sell fuel from drums due to unavailability of automated fuel dispensers.
Kantipur report headlined “Baburam forming coalition with Upendra and Ashok” by Basanta Basnet datelined Janakpur has quoted seven unnamed sources: Some leaders close to Baburam Bhattarai, a highly-placed source close to Baburam Bhattarai, source, another leader close to Baburam Bhattarai, another campaigner of “new force”, a leader of Federal Socialist Forum Nepal and campaigners of the new force.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “People eager to hear ‘good news'” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Birgunj-based journalist.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Team to leave for Beijing tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Officials. This report does not carry a dateline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Pharma cos, traders seek security” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Nepal Chemists and Druggists Association (NCDA) officials, and importers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!