Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 22
South Asia Check / November 24, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Fuel to those who ‘appease”‘ by Kalendra Sejuwal datelined Nepalgunj has quoted seven unnamed sources: Source, a trader, a petrol pump operator based in Nepalgunj, source, another source, a trader and another trader.
Nagarik report headlined “Fuel meant for ‘packed dealers’ sold elsewhere” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted one unnamed source: source. The term “packed dealers” refers to the fuel traders especially in remote hill districts who sell fuel from drums due to unavailability of automated fuel dispensers.
Kantipur report headlined “Baburam forming coalition with Upendra and Ashok” by Basanta Basnet datelined Janakpur has quoted seven unnamed sources: Some leaders close to Baburam Bhattarai, a highly-placed source close to Baburam Bhattarai, source, another leader close to Baburam Bhattarai, another campaigner of “new force”, a leader of Federal Socialist Forum Nepal and campaigners of the new force.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “People eager to hear ‘good news'” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Birgunj-based journalist.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Team to leave for Beijing tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Officials. This report does not carry a dateline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Pharma cos, traders seek security” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Nepal Chemists and Druggists Association (NCDA) officials, and importers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently