Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 22
South Asia Check / November 24, 2015
Nagarik report headlined “Fuel to those who ‘appease”‘ by Kalendra Sejuwal datelined Nepalgunj has quoted seven unnamed sources: Source, a trader, a petrol pump operator based in Nepalgunj, source, another source, a trader and another trader.
Nagarik report headlined “Fuel meant for ‘packed dealers’ sold elsewhere” by Ajit Tiwari datelined Biratnagar has quoted one unnamed source: source. The term “packed dealers” refers to the fuel traders especially in remote hill districts who sell fuel from drums due to unavailability of automated fuel dispensers.
Kantipur report headlined “Baburam forming coalition with Upendra and Ashok” by Basanta Basnet datelined Janakpur has quoted seven unnamed sources: Some leaders close to Baburam Bhattarai, a highly-placed source close to Baburam Bhattarai, source, another leader close to Baburam Bhattarai, another campaigner of “new force”, a leader of Federal Socialist Forum Nepal and campaigners of the new force.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “People eager to hear ‘good news'” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Birgunj-based journalist.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Team to leave for Beijing tomorrow” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Officials. This report does not carry a dateline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Pharma cos, traders seek security” by Manish Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Nepal Chemists and Druggists Association (NCDA) officials, and importers.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths