Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 30
South Asia Check / December 1, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “SSB personnel enter [Nepal] again” by Parbat Portel datelined Kakarbhitta has quoted four unnamed sources: A source associated with the Armed Police Force, a security official, a security agency source and a security official of Jhapa district.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal-China fuel deal in limbo” by Pushpa Raj Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A high-level source at the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal floats ‘middle path” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Madhesi leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “13 SSB personnel detained, released” by Parbat Portel datelined Kakarbhitta has quoted one unnamed source: A highly-placed source.
Republica report headlined “People throng Thori for smuggled fuel” by Ramesh Kumar Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Locals.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Country’s situation fluid: Army” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Transformers explode every day” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A consumer from Maharajgunj, Kathmandu.
Nagarik report headlined “CIAA directive in ‘breach of its jurisdiction’” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Legal experts, former members of the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA), source, source associated with the CIAA, and a member of the CIAA.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt fails to ‘garner army’s support” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!