Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 30
South Asia Check / December 1, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “SSB personnel enter [Nepal] again” by Parbat Portel datelined Kakarbhitta has quoted four unnamed sources: A source associated with the Armed Police Force, a security official, a security agency source and a security official of Jhapa district.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal-China fuel deal in limbo” by Pushpa Raj Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A high-level source at the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal floats ‘middle path” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Madhesi leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “13 SSB personnel detained, released” by Parbat Portel datelined Kakarbhitta has quoted one unnamed source: A highly-placed source.
Republica report headlined “People throng Thori for smuggled fuel” by Ramesh Kumar Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Locals.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Country’s situation fluid: Army” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Transformers explode every day” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A consumer from Maharajgunj, Kathmandu.
Nagarik report headlined “CIAA directive in ‘breach of its jurisdiction’” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Legal experts, former members of the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA), source, source associated with the CIAA, and a member of the CIAA.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt fails to ‘garner army’s support” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently