Anonymous sources in newspapers of November 30
South Asia Check / December 1, 2015
Kantipur report headlined “SSB personnel enter [Nepal] again” by Parbat Portel datelined Kakarbhitta has quoted four unnamed sources: A source associated with the Armed Police Force, a security official, a security agency source and a security official of Jhapa district.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Nepal-China fuel deal in limbo” by Pushpa Raj Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A high-level source at the Ministry of Commerce and Supply.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Dahal floats ‘middle path” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Madhesi leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “13 SSB personnel detained, released” by Parbat Portel datelined Kakarbhitta has quoted one unnamed source: A highly-placed source.
Republica report headlined “People throng Thori for smuggled fuel” by Ramesh Kumar Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Locals.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Country’s situation fluid: Army” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A source.
Nagarik report headlined “Transformers explode every day” by Laxman Biyogi datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A consumer from Maharajgunj, Kathmandu.
Nagarik report headlined “CIAA directive in ‘breach of its jurisdiction’” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Legal experts, former members of the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA), source, source associated with the CIAA, and a member of the CIAA.
Nagarik report headlined “Govt fails to ‘garner army’s support” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source: A source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths