Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 15
South Asia Check / October 16, 2016
Kantipur report headlined “Chinese president expected to visit Nepal” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official and officials.
Kantipur report headlined “Bank interest rates up” by Yagya Banjade datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at Citizen Investment Trust.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “18 reparation schemes proposed for insurgency-era victims” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A TRC official. Here TRC stands for Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Hospital running short of doctors, nurses” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and health ministry officials.
Nagarik and Republica were not published on October 15 on account of Dashain holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently