Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 17
South Asia Check / October 18, 2015
Republica report headlined “Rebuilding quake-hit schools expected to take 3-5 years” by Nirjana Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A government official and officials.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NC seeks Maoist help for President” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: a Nepali Congress leader. The report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Collusion to lose all games” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted seven unnamed sources: An official involved in the investigation, an official of the Metropolitan Police Crime Division, a police official, and four sources used in four different instances.
Kantipur report headlined “India seeks work plan” by Chandra Shekher Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted four unnamed sources: A highly-placed source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an official, an official of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and another official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Onsari first woman Speaker in Nepal’s history” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently