Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 18
South Asia Check / October 19, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Documents handed over by palace missing” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Highly-placed and concerned officials and two staffers at the then Royal Palace Press Secretariat.
Kantipur report headlined “Local unites to number 750” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source associated with the local units restructuring commission in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Karki’s relatives prevent serving of summons” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Legal experts, and source in three instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Contractors go out of contact after receiving money” by Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An engineer.
Republica report headlined “Bid to serve SC notice on CIAA chief now foiled by youths” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A staffer at Supreme Court administration. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently