Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 18
South Asia Check / October 19, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Rayamajhi to lead UCPN-M in govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Averted mid-air collision reveals worrisome facts of air navigation” by Rajan Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources privy to the investigation.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Fuel to be imported by changing route” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute in UML over ministerial posts” by Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Source, a leader, and another source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Five deputy prime ministers in new cabinet!” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Prez election begins in a week” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Preparations on for cabinet expansion” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source close to the prime minister. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepal’s airbus escapes accident” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with Nepal Airlines and a crew member. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item