Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 18
South Asia Check / October 19, 2015
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Rayamajhi to lead UCPN-M in govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources. The report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Averted mid-air collision reveals worrisome facts of air navigation” by Rajan Pokharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources privy to the investigation.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Fuel to be imported by changing route” by Rajesh Barma datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute in UML over ministerial posts” by Bal Kumar Nepal datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Source, a leader, and another source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Five deputy prime ministers in new cabinet!” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Prez election begins in a week” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Preparations on for cabinet expansion” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: Source close to the prime minister. The report does not carry a byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Nepal’s airbus escapes accident” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source associated with Nepal Airlines and a crew member. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently