Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 19
South Asia Check / October 20, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Bangladeshi man granted citizenship and passport” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Officials and a source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India constructing Buddhist monastery on no man’s land” by Toyanath Bhattarai datelined Pashupatinagar, Ilam has quoted unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “SC order: Zero tolerance against anyone obstructing judicial process” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in 11 instances: Source associated with the Supreme Court in two instances, source in eight instances and a source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Court summons served tactfully” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Supreme Court.
Nagarik report headlined “Impeachment committee being formed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “All climbers don’t stand atop Mt Manaslu while summiting it” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Some climbers and their support staff, a climber and an official.
Republica report headlined “Impeachment recommendation panel likely today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and an official close to the speaker of parliament. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
- Fact Check PM makes unfounded claims about PCR test rate, virtues of Nepali diet
- Fact Check Ex-PM Khanal grossly exaggerates Nepal’s hydropower generation potential
- Fact Check Finance minister overstates health sector allocation, makes wrong claim about Nepal’s income tax regime
- Fact Check Rajendra Mahato repeats debunked myth about Nepal’s water resources
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently