Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 19
South Asia Check / October 20, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Bangladeshi man granted citizenship and passport” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Officials and a source.
Annapurna Post report headlined “India constructing Buddhist monastery on no man’s land” by Toyanath Bhattarai datelined Pashupatinagar, Ilam has quoted unnamed source in one instance.
Kantipur report headlined “SC order: Zero tolerance against anyone obstructing judicial process” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in 11 instances: Source associated with the Supreme Court in two instances, source in eight instances and a source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority in one instance.
Nagarik report headlined “Court summons served tactfully” by Durga Dulal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at the Supreme Court.
Nagarik report headlined “Impeachment committee being formed” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “All climbers don’t stand atop Mt Manaslu while summiting it” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Some climbers and their support staff, a climber and an official.
Republica report headlined “Impeachment recommendation panel likely today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and an official close to the speaker of parliament. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?