Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 19
South Asia Check / October 20, 2015
Annapurna Post report headlined “When will the constitution be amended?” by Santosh Ghimire and Akanshya Shah datelined Kathmandu and New Delhi has quoted four unnamed sources: A Nepali official who attended the meeting, an Indian official, a source, and a member of the Nepali delegation.
Annapurna Post report headlined “China ready to supply fuel if Nepal wishes” datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: A source close to UML leader Jhalanath Khanal and an official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Oli expands cabinet to 18 members” datelined Kathmandu has quoted five unnamed sources: Leaders from UML, insiders of the UML party, sources, a leader and another leader. The report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Madhesi agitators target passenger buses on highway” by Mithilesh Yadav datelined Kathmandu has quoted three unnamed sources: Security officials, security officials involved in escorting the vehicles, and bus drivers.
Kantipur report headlined “Blockade ‘won’t be lifted’ immediately” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted five unnamed sources: A source, an official of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, a Nepali official who was present during the meeting between Nepali and Indian foreign ministers, a source, and a senior official who attended the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “China seeks concrete proposal” by Chandra Shekhar Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “No signs of India lifting blockade immediately” by Devendra Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted one unnamed source: Sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “No festive respite from banda: Morcha” datelined Kathmandu has quoted one unnamed source: A Sadbhavana Party leader. This news does not carry a byline. Morcha here refers to the United Democratic Madhesi Front.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage